Retinol and Ageing
As one of the most studied anti-ageing compounds, retinol has shown strong positive effects to promote skin renewal and rejuvenation. This helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and improve skin tone.
Adverse Effects of Conventional Retinol
Despite its anti-ageing effects, retinol treatment causes skin irritations and inflammation such as burning, scaling, and dermatitis—limiting its acceptance by some patients. In addition to these, retinol is also highly unstable and susceptible to degradation via autoxidation (temperature) and photooxidation (UVB and UVA).
Mechanism of Action
As the gold-standard in anti-ageing and rejuvenating skin care technology, SkinMTX® Intense RejuvorA Cream features the key active ingredient RejuvorA™—a unique, improved form of retinol complex using revolutionary encapsulation system to overcome the disadvantages of conventional retinol, while improving efficacy. Coupled with the benefits of ascorbyl glucoside and BioCalm10™, our cream provides impressive renewal and restoration actions — while providing stellar protection against free radicals and the signs of ageing — making retinol rejuvenation an effective way to prevent the signs of ageing, brighten the skin and retexturise skin complexion.
SkinMTX® Intense RejuvorA™
Triple Protection System SkinMTX® Intense RejuvorA Cream uses a triple protection system to stabilise retinol and minimise retinol exposure from oxidising environment.
Fortified with BioCalm10™
BioCalm10™ is a botanically derived phytotherapy complex containing 10 different actives that helps the skin build resilience against environmental damage—imparting soothing relief to skin sensitivities, helping to calm the signs of irritation and promote restoration.
Key extracts include:
- Green tea polyphenols7 with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties
- Chamomile7 protects the skin from free-radical damage, supports tissue restoration, helps reduce the appearance of pores and slows down the visible signs of ageing
- Resveratrol found in abundance in Japanese Knotweed8 helps deliver nutrients and other materials necessary to keep the skin looking firm and elastic
REJUVORA™ STABILITY TESTS
IN VIVO STUDY: REJUVORA™ EFFICACY TEST
A clinical study was performed on 24 female volunteers aged from 35 to 50 years
- Test sample: retinol cream containing 3% RejuvorA™ (= 2,500 IU/g)
- Applied once a day in the evening for 9 consecutive weeks
- Results show impressive increase in skin elasticity and moisture