Photoageing and Free Radicals
It is estimated that among all environmental factors, photoaging caused by exposure to UV radiation contributes up to 80% of premature skin aging. UV-induced accumulation of free radicals or reactive oxygen species (ROS) causes damage to our cells—triggering a process called oxidative stress that weakens tissues and damages cell proteins and DNA by altering their chemical structures. In the skin, this damage can present through fine lines and wrinkles, a dull, uneven skin tone, an increase in pigmented spots, and the breakdown of essential proteins in the skin.
Vitamin C and Photoprotection
Antioxidants effectively combat free radical damage to recover skin’s innate ability to repair and improve skin health. With a concentrated 15% pure Vitamin C, SkinMTX® Potent C is precisely formulated to protect the skin from UV-mediated phototoxic reactions.
L-Ascorbic Acid is the most biologically- and chemically-active form of vitamin C that boasts an excellent reliability profile. By harnessing the power of this compound, SkinMTX® Potent C efficiently delivers skin brightening action and increasing skin rejuvenation.
Combination of Vitamin C & Hyaluronic Acid
Hyaluronic acid is said to be an ultimate solution for moisture retention of the skin with its unique ability to bind and retain moisture—holding up to 1,000 times its weight in water. The cosmetic and nutricosmetic effects of Hyaluronic Acid have been associated with their ability to induce visible soft tissue augmentation, improve skin hydration, collagen and face rejuvenation. Since Vitamin C can sometimes have a drying effect, SkinMTX® Potent C is further enhanced by Hyaluronic Acid to provide continuous skin-moisturising benefits up to 120 minutes after application. Its well-rounded formulation makes SkinMTX® Potent C an essential in the battle against the visible skins of ageing
CLINICAL STUDY: VITAMIN C ON PHOTODAMAGED SKIN
- 19 volunteers (36-77 years old) with mild to moderate photodamage of facial skin treated with L-Ascorbic Acid for 3 months
- Clinical assessment demonstrated a 68.4% – 73.7% greater improvement of active treatment vs vehicle control for the appearance of fine wrinkling, tactile roughness, coarse rhytids, skin laxity/tone, sallowness/yellowing, and overall features.
- Patient questionnaire results demonstrated statistically significant improvement overall, active treatment 84.2% greater than control.
- Photographic assessment demonstrated significant improvement, active treatment 57.9% greater than control. Vitamin C plays a significant role in the reversal of the signs of photodamage.
- Possesses superior antioxidant powers to reduce signs of photoageing and UV damage
- Brightens overall skin tone and dark spots and evens out complexion
- Boosts skin rejuvenation
High Precision Active Ingredients
An effective brightening agent that targets the appearance of discolouration and pigmentation. Also holds the ability to combat free radicals and defend against the visible signs of UV radiation-caused damage.
An effective biological agent that possesses water-binding and water-attracting attributes to fill up the spaces in the skin. It hydrates by holding and locking in water to maintain skin plumpness.